Frequently Asked Question
The most likely culprit is the price multiplier set is looking at a wrong field as its base price. Use the following procedure to determine whats going on and how to fix it.
- Look up the sample part in the in the price book inquiry. Note what is in field 6 Price Level as this is the Product Discount Group that the system will use to determine the multiplier set to use.
- Go to the Multipliers Maintenance screen for the category in change mode. Enter as follows.
- Enter Space for the the stocking parameters discount group which will display the multiplier set for that discount group
- Hit F1 to accept the stocking multipliers as set up
- Answer N to copy stocked to non-stocked prompt.
- Answer N to the overwrite non-stocked? prompt.
- Answer Y to any change Non stocked?
- Cursor moves to Field 39 Discount Level – Enter the Discount Level identified in step 1 above.
- Review the displayed multipliers looking for the following
- An incorrect Original to Price Level in field 40
- Incorrect base price level being used in the multiplier specification lines.
- Incorrect multipliers set up in the field to the right of the “+” Sign.
When changes are completed accept the record and exit the program.
NOTE - If when you enter the Discount Level identified in step one the screen will not accept it you will need to back out and re-enter the program in Add mode in order to add the level. The easiest way to do this is to add it into Stocked and copy it to Non stocked by responding Y to the make Non Stocked the same? question .
- Remember that changing the multipliers of and in itself will not change the pricing
on stocked items. It will only result in changed pricing on Non-Stocked items since pricing on these is calculated on the fly as they are called up. When you change an existing set of Multipliers you will be asked Update Prices now? Responding Y will cause the program to update all Stocking items using the new multiplier set.
- There may be times when non stocked pricing will remain incorrect even after you have corrected the multipliers. When this happens try running the price file update manually as the previous set of multipliers may have clobbered the base price as the last update was run with incorrect multipliers.